I am a high-energy, mindful executive, speaker, facilitator and thought-leader with international experience across five industries. I have spent over 20 years working within the corporate “system” as a pioneer for continuous improvement and transformation.
My core areas of expertise include;
- Customer + Employee Experience Design
- Employee Wellbeing
- Feedback Response Systems (for customer and employee feedback)
- Process Simplification (Lean Six Sigma)
- Voice of Customer & Voice of People
The common theme across all my work is my intention to create great experiences for employees and customers, so people and performance thrive.
My Guiding Beliefs
- We must take care of our people in order to take care of our customers
- When we are our best, work feels like productive play
- Wellbeing is the foundation of performance
- Thriving leaders are the nucleus of thriving organisations
- Building the capability to listen, learn & respond to feedback (from customers & employees) is the cornerstone of sustainability
- We have the opportunity (and the responsibility) to re-design workplaces around an intent to unlock human potential
Employee + Customer Experience Design
- Designing great employee experiences to underpin the sustainable delivery of great customer experiences
- Identification and measurement of the key employee episodes that drive performance and advocacy
- Understanding linkages between employee experiences and customer/commercial outcomes
Feedback Response Systems
- Design, testing and installation of enterprise-wide systems to listen, learn and respond to employee/customer feedback (technology selection plus organisational capability and mindsets)
- Supporting the leadership mindset shift required to become a learning organisation
- Design and installation of simple, contemporary customer and employee feedback mechanisms
Performance Through Wellbeing
- Workshop design and facilitation across the key domains of employee wellbeing
- Thriving Leaders = Thriving Organisations – workshops and keynote presentations
- Building Inner Resources – workshops and keynote presentations
Applied Mindfulness For Performance
- Mindfulness For Performance – workshops and keynote presentations
- The Power of Congruence – workshops and keynote presentations
Applied Neuroplasticity For Performance
- Harnessing The Power of Neuroplasticity – workshops and keynote presentations
- Reprograming Self-Limiting Beliefs – workshops and keynote presentations
I was born in 1975 in Sydney, Australia. Throughout my formative years, my father suffered terribly from workplace-related stress. His suffering had a profound impact on me and our family. It is the ‘why’ behind my deep commitment to the creation of workplaces where people and performance can thrive.
With the benefit of hindsight, I can now see that for the first 15 years of my career I was propelled by a force that was beyond my control – a need to strive, to achieve and to constantly prove myself.
I was recognised as ‘top talent’, winning awards and being promoted. However, deep down I often felt like I was on an out-of-control roller-coaster ride. I wanted to get off… but I did not know how.
At a certain moment in my late 30’s it became clear to me that this way of being was not sustainable – and was incompatible with thriving.
Participating in a Women’s Leadership Retreat was a pivotal experience for me. At the retreat I realised how many high-performing women were struggling with feelings of not having value, or not being enough. I formed a hypothesis that many successful leaders who rise to the top of their profession are driven by high achiever attributes and are propelled by a hidden darkness – feelings of low self-worth. I realised that feelings of low self-worth are common and that these hidden feelings create many dangerous self-limiting beliefs such as “In order to succeed, I must suffer” , “I am not worthy of thriving” “I have to have all the answers” or “I have to be in control“.
Over the last 10 years of my career I have been learning, testing and sharing mindful, sustainable ways of being and working. I have learnt to de-couple my sense of worth from my professional status and achievements. I have learnt to hold things more lightly – whist still maintaining my passion to make a real difference. I have reconnected with my sense of play and I am proud to say that today I prioritise self-care without apology.
I am passionate about playing a role in helping other people to overcome their own self-limiting beliefs and supporting people (and teams) to thrive and reach their full potential.