I am often asked by the leaders I work with for a recommended reading list.
It is hard me to recommend a short-list of books because I am someone who has an insatiable thirst for learning. Over my two decades as a leader in business I have devoured hundreds of books on performance, wellbeing and leadership.
My book collection is one of my most valued possessions. My bookshelves at home are crammed with hundreds of of hard-copy books. Each one passes the de-cluttering test of “does this object spark joy in your heart?”.
The books listed below have all had a particularly big impact on me. The experience of reading these books has profoundly accelerated and enriched my growth.
- Radical Compassion by Tara Brach
- Permission to Feel by Marc Brackett
- Pioneering The Possible by Scilla Elworthy
- Who Do We Choose To Be by Margaret J Wheatley
- Play by Stuart Brown. M.D
- Together by Vivek H. Murthy
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington
- Mindfulness by Ellen J Langer
- Dare To Lead by Brene Brown
- Why We Work by Barry Schwartz
- Nine Lies About Work by Marcus Buckingham
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried
- The Three Marriages by David Whyte
- Lost Connections by Johann Hari
- More Time To Think by Nancy Kline
- The Mindful Leader by Michael Bunting
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The Sorrows Of Work by The School Of Life
- Being in Balance by Dr Wayne Dyer
- Flourish by Martin Seligman:
- Who Can You Trust by Rachel Botsman
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Emotional Agility by Susan David