I am often asked by the leaders I work with for a recommended reading list.
It is hard me to recommend a short-list of books because I am someone who has an insatiable thirst for learning. Over my two decades as a leader in business I have devoured hundreds of books on wellbeing and leadership.
My book collection is one of my most valued possessions and my shelves of hard-copy books definitely pass the test of “sparking joy”.
The books listed below have all had a particularly BIG impact on my journey as a leader.
The experience of reading these book has accelerated my growth as a business leader who feels compelled to inspire the brilliance of heart-count …as opposed to maximise the productivity of head-count.
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington
- Dare To Lead by Brene Brown
- Why We Work by Barry Schwartz
- Nine Lies About Work by Marcus Buckingham
- Who Do We Choose To Be by Margaret J Wheatley
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried
- The Three Marriages by David Whyte
- Lost Connections by Johann Hari
- The Mindful Leader by Michael Bunting
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The Sorrows Of Work by The School Of Life
- Being in Balance by Dr Wayne Dyer:
- Flourish by Martin Seligman:
- Who Can You Trust by Rachel Botsman
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Emotional Agility by Susan David